Friday, August 20, 2010

Please critique cover looking for event/volunteer coordinator ( passionate about poor)?

To whom this may concern:



I would like to begin by thanking you in advance for your time and consideration in regards to the Special Event and Volunteer Coordinator position. According to the position responsibilities, and qualities you desire in a candidate, I am sure that I would be a great for The Society of St. Vincent de Paul. I am extremely passionate about the ministry of serving the poor. I served as a missionary in Nairobi Kenya in the summer of 2003, and co- organized a follow up mission trip in 2004. As the co-mission leader of the 2004 team I was responsible for seeking (volunteers) team members, as well fundraising for the cost of the mission in its entirety.



As an After School Program Coordinator for Tri City Development, I facilitated the opening of a Southwestern Detroit after school programs under the ''No Child Left Behind'' grant. As the Program Coordinator I established open houses for parents, processed paper work to be submitted for funding for the program, supervised a staff of tutors at the Beechwood location, monitored weekly time cards, attendance of staff and students, discipline and achievements, after homework curriculum, and parent relations. Working for Tri City I also contributed to the organizing of summer camps for local youth, senior citizen services, field trips, and other tutoring programs. I shared in the responsibility of organizing volunteers to serve in our senior program.



I am currently self-employed as an event coordinator. In operating Annie Bertie鈥檚 (business name) I have gained experience in vendor relations, marketing, accounting and more. I鈥榲e also previously served as a coordinator for a floral company named Suzabella鈥檚. While with Suzabella鈥檚 I served as a liaison between clients and the Master Floral Designer. I supported the customer throughout the planning phase, set-up, and final production of their planned event in addition to following up with clientele to ensure their expectations where met.

No comments:

Post a Comment