Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Have nonconformist spurred more change in the world than conformist?

My husband calls me a nonconformist because I want to shave my head. I don't care what people think of me. I am extremely bright, and excel academically. My contributions to society are not dependent on the length/ style of my hair or lack of. When I think of nonconformist, I think of Vincent Van Gogh, Albert Einstein, etc. These are people that shared thier talents/knowledge for the betterment (and enjoyment) of society--even though they were not considered ''normal.''



Have nonconformist spurred more change in the world than conformist?panda



Maslow writes the following of self-actualizing people:



'They embrace the facts and realities of the world (including themselves) rather than denying or avoiding them.



They are spontaneous in their ideas and actions.



They are creative.



They are interested in solving problems; this often includes the problems of others. Solving these problems is often a key focus in their lives.



They feel a closeness to other people, and generally appreciate life.



They have a system of morality that is fully internalized and independent of external authority.



They have discernment and are able to view all things in an objective manner. '



'They have a system of morality that is fully internalized and independent of external authority. ' Non-conformism is symptom for independent thought, however, neurotic need is not out of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment