Wednesday, August 18, 2010

This is an essay about Ambitions, and dreams what do you think and if you were my teacher what grade

To pursue a dream it means you stick your mind to something and follow through on completing it. Dreams could be a future job, having something, or even a dream house. To pursue a dream we need diligence and determination.



鈥淎nybody can do just about anything with himself that he really wants to and makes up his mind to do. We are capable of greater things than we realize.鈥?



-Norman Vincent Peale



This quote says a lot for people trying to fulfill a dream for themselves or another person. We set our own limitations and boundaries of what we can do if you just give yourself reassurance that we can do anything we set our mind to everything will come easy to us.



When I was 5 I wanted to play the flute so much. My mom asked the lady at the music store counter how old girls had to be to play the flute, the tall dark haired woman said my lounges were not developed enough and I had to wait until I was at least 11 to have a proper lounge capacity. I walked into the busy sidewalk sad and depressed. My mom told me I could play the flute when I was older but I wanted it now. When I told her that she said to play the piano and learn the notes first then I could play anything I put my mind to.



When I turned 11 I started to play the flute just like my mom said I could. While thinking about that story, I knew if I did not keep that dream then I would not have played. I think working hard at something is easier if you really want to complete something. Along the way my mom was very benevolent while helping me to pursue my dream even paying for my flute. When you have that loving support it in a sense picks you up when you fall along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment