Friday, August 20, 2010

Northwestern University?

I was wondering what my chances would be?



- 30 ACT (may be a weak point)



- class rank is 1/132 - valedictorian



- GPA = 4.0 GPA weighted = 5.0



highest possible level of classes offered - honors



- clubs



rotary interact, yearbook (technology editor), national honor sociey, St. Vincent DePaul, Saturday Scholars



-awards



elected among 600 students to participate in leadership conference, principals award, other leadership conferences



- community service



volunteer at hospital, bring easter/christmas meals and gifts to poor each year



- others



varsity tennis(captain), varsity golf, guitar, small enterprising lawn business



-employment (whether it matters)



Quarry Golf Course



- recs from 2 teachers and Sr. Manager of Budweiser corporation in st. louis



-the usual hopeful essay



Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!



Northwestern University?matchless



It sounds to me like you've got a great shot. I would take some SAT IIs though. And have you taken the actual SAT? My SAT scores were better than ACT score, because of that stupid ACT science section grrr.



I wouldn't worry about the ACT. I actually also got a 30. I didn't apply to Northwestern, but I was accepted to both NYU and Vanderbilt.



Also, being valedictorian is a huge plus in your favor. Good job on building such a great resume!

No comments:

Post a Comment