Monday, August 16, 2010

Can someone proofread and fix this for me?? (re-write)?

It Just does not seem Correctly organized and punctuated to me.



Years ago, I wrote a poem, then I wrote another. Thirty-five notebooks later I have progressed as a poet and have even been published online and in numerous journal magazines, including issue seven of Swindle, a California based free speech publication.



With my background in poetry and writing expository works I have accumulated over a hundred books of other peoples stories. Edgar Allan Poe, Tim Burton, Vincent Price, and Johnny Cash are the most notable influences on my writing styles and works.



Anger and struggles to me are best portrayed in the form of poetry. So, naturally, this book is basically a compilation of my poetry and my favorite poets greatest works of the struggles of life, which include anger, forgiveness, death, love, and hard times.



Can someone proofread and fix this for me?? (re-write)?spyware removal



It's not bad at all. I just added some punctuation, apostrophes, changed/removed a couple of words. The dash after ''magazines'' gives a longer pause than a comma, to help break up the long sentence a little more. In the list of influences, try an action verb instead of a ''be'' verb, maybe as below.



Years ago, I wrote a poem; then I wrote another. Thirty-five notebooks later, I have progressed as a poet and have even been published online and in numerous journal magazines--including issue seven of Swindle, a California-based free speech publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment