Friday, August 20, 2010

What are the meters of these two poems?

Exchanges, Ernest Dowson



All that I had I brought,



Little enough I know;



A poor rhyme roughly wrought,



A rose to match thy snow:



All that I had I brought.



Little enough I sought:



But a word compassionate,



A passing glance, or thought,



For me outside the gate:



Little enough I sought.



Little enough I found:



All that you had, perchance!



With the dead leaves on the ground,



I dance the devil's dance.



All that you had I found.



Witch -wife, Edna St. Vincent Millay



She is neither pink nor pale,



And she never will be all mine;



She learned her hands in a fairy-tale,



And her mouth on a valentine.



She has more hair than she needs;



In the sun 'tis a woe to me!



And her voice is a string of coloured beads,



Or steps leading into the sea.



She loves me all that she can,



And her ways to my ways resign;



But she was not made for any man,



And she never will be all mine.



Are they anapestic, iambic, or else? Also, how many feet are there in each poem?



What are the meters of these two poems?free spyware



There's the electric meter and the water meter.



What are the meters of these two poems?live update



we're not here to do your homework for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment